Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I think she's all better!

Seems my baby is feeling better. She was up a lot last night but I gave her Tylenol and that helped. She's getting teeth again. We have been soooooo blessed that she hasn't ever had a hard time cutting teeth. Ever. But these teeth, I think it's her canines are bothering her. She's been chewing on her fingers and she never does that.

I was right on my Roseola guess for Avery's fever. She woke up this morning with a rash on her belly and neck. Yesterday she was acting like herself so thankfully we made it past this virus!

I haven't really posted much about this on here but I'm worried about her lack of words. I've read that kids her age should be saying words and she's not. She babbles a lot but all she says is uh oh and taint too (thank you). She won't repeat anything at all. Doesn't say mama and never has. Sometimes she'll say bye but very rarely. On one hand, I know all kids are different and do things at their own pace but on the other hand I feel like she should be saying more, at least repeating words. Do I only feel that way because I "feel" like something might be wrong or do I "feel" that way because I know other kids her age are saying words? I know that I could have her seen by Early Intervention but I don't know...

I've read that some speech therapist people say at her age she should have a minimum of 5 words. She totally doesn't. Where is my parenting manual? Someone forgot to give me one.

I still think she's absolutely perfect though.

She is seriously so much fun. I noticed something strange the other day when I was coloring with her. I opened one of her coloring books and realized she had colored on everyone's face. I don't know what's normal for her age as far as coloring goes but I, being her mother (haha not that I'm biased or anything) think it's pretty cool that she does that. I've noticed she will scribble on like a star or something that's in the picture instead of just scribbling all over the whole page. Like she's actually trying to color it. Doesn't take much to impress this mama :0)

I'm seriously amazed every day when I watch her use a spoon or fork. She can scoop and stab her food and get it in her mouth so easily now. She's a pro. This in particular makes me feel like my baby's gone. I don't know why. That and her walking down our steps on her own, which I've already mentioned.

Well, she's wandering around aimlessly and whining at me so I better go!

No comments: