Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Locked Out

I forgot to record Avery locking us out of the car this weekend.

We all packed up Friday and went and got some Frosty's and then we went to the store to get some diapers (and other things). David put Avery in her carseat and I unloaded a few bags into the trunk. As I was closing the trunk, David took the cart to the corral. On his way he says "Avery has the keys."

I walk around to the passenger side and try to open my door and it's locked. I look in the windows at all the doors and they're all locked. I look over at David who's at the nearby corral and say "we're locked out!" David can't believe it so he comes back over and sure enough...we are locked out and Avery is strapped into her carseat.

Avery's was pushing the buttons on the key pad thing and popped the gas door and the trunk but of course, never unlocked the doors. So I get on the phone with roadside assistance but had to go through a lot of menus and stuff so it took a minute. I told David too bad her carseat is in front of that opening to the backseat. Well, David was able to squeeze his arm into it despite the carseat being in the way.

So he's got his arm in there trying to find her hands. I'm standing at the window shouting for her to give the keys to daddy. She's instead holding them out to me. She's chewing on them and playing with them. Every time David got close to the keys she would switch hands. It was funny because since he couldn't see what he was doing his hand was just kind of flailing around trying to find the keys.

She even started pushing on the seat squishing his arm but he was finally able to snatch the keys out of her hand. Then he almost dropped them hahaha! Glad he didn't! Just as he grabbed the keys, a human answered the phone so I told her nevermind. Thankfully the weather was nice and Avery wasn't scared.

It was pretty funny.

No comments: