Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Million Pictures

David and I have been waiting to take Avery sledding all winter. We woke up yesterday to a pretty good dusting of snow and decided to go. At the park near our house there's a huge hill that people sled down. They put these hay bales at the bottom so no one slides into the road.

I climbed up the hill and came down pretty fast. David couldn't get too much speed with himself and Avery on a disk. I thought it was fun. Avery wasn't amused. She didn't seem to dislike it really, she just didn't seem to care at all. At least she got one more chance to wear her bibs. I think she'll be able to get some use out of them next year. I hope anyway.












I met with a trainer on Friday again. It feels sooooo good to be sore! David and I didn't eat very good last week but we didn't eat as bad as before so that's a positive right?

Avery's 4th molar finally cut through. The other 3 have been in for a while. She always has one tooth that straggles in behind the others.

Avery's got dry skin or something around her mouth which is driving me nuts. Sometimes it looks like dry skin, sometimes she looks like she has a rash around her mouth. Then I wonder if she ate something with peanuts in it. I think I'm going to take her back in just for confirmation on it being dry skin. Well, one part of it I'm almost positive is dry skin but she gets dots around the mouth sometimes. Sounds silly I know but I just NEED to know so I'm not always wondering if she ate something. We're new to all of this so the possibility of her getting something she shouldn't is probably pretty high.

David had to remind me last night that even if something were to happen, we have stuff to help her. Ugh.

Ok, here's something that's weird and people would tell me that this doesn't happen but I'm not so sure. I feel like anything that I've paid extra attention to or anything that stands out to me, happens to me. Let me give some examples. I have a memory as a little kid of going over to a friend of my aunt and uncle's after she lost a baby. I remember standing in her living room and hearing that it was ectopic. I had an ectopic pregnancy. When I was younger I remember talking to my best friend numerous times (she had a single mother...maybe that's why we talked about this) about how I could. not. imagine. not having my mom around. I didn't think I could possibly deal with never having my mom here. Then she dies. I used to think things like seizures, heart attacks, strokes were extra freaky because they could be so sudden. I hated the idea that something could just suddenly happen to me with no warning. One night I get a sudden pain in my neck and I've got an AVM. I know 2 ladies with children who have food allergies. One of them has been pretty open and blogged about it. I've followed her blog and learned about her struggles. Then it seems like more food allergy info was crossing my path. Now Avery has a peanut allergy.

All I'm sayin' is it's weird.

Since I'm rambling now, I'll go. Happy Monday!

No comments: