Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Little Update.

Saturday Avery and I went with our friends to a pumpkin patch. I didn't end up getting any pumpkins there, I got some from a place right around the corner from my house. David and I carved our pumpkins. Mine is the top one, his is the bottom.




I roasted the seeds and put worcestershire sauce with garlic and onion powder and sprinkled them with kosher salt and they were so good and made my house smell soooooo good. I also made some pumpkin bread the other day that was amazing if I do say so myself :) I sprinkled the pan with sugar and it made such a good sugary crust on the bread!

Avery seemed to have gotten over the runny nose she had last week but I'm thinking all the wind she was in on Saturday got her snotty again yesterday and today.

Yesterday we went Preston to start cleaning out the storage unit. When we came through Sardine canyon, it was so beautiful. There were certain sections that had the most beautiful blend of orange, red and yellow. It was gorgeous, especially in the spots that had some evergreens. The dark green contrast was so pretty.

Avery took some steps last week but it's been hard getting her to take more. I can't get over how big she is! She's funny. She's learned to shake her head no but she doesn't use it in the right context. She will hit something when you tell her no sometimes. We've been working with her to not claw us...mostly her dad. She finally says dada. She'll imitate some noises. Sometimes she cooperates and sometimes she doesn't. Typical.

I've been working on trying to get her to keep a bow in her hair but I've been unsuccessful. I have to put a pony on the top of her head to keep the hair out of her eyes and she's finally realized she can pull it out. I need to trim the right side of her hair, it's so long for some reason. It's already been trimmed once.

She jabbers a whole lot. And now she looks at you and makes facial expressions like she's really talking. I LOVE IT! I know, eventually I'll be saying "Avery please be quiet for 5 minutes!"

We're going to Vegas on the 28th so David spent last night learning how to play black jack so he can win lots of money. Hope it works out! I guess we're going to go to the Hoover Dam to see the new bridge. I'm not sure exactly what all will be done over the weekend or what I'll be participating in since I'll have Avery. Thankfully I'll have my own car so everyone can do what they want and Avery and I can go do whatever.

I guess it's safe to say on here that David is really enjoying his new job. The boss's wife brings bagel spreads and other yummy things for the guys to eat. She brings fruit and I don't know what else. They got something brought up there like 3 times last week. Coming from his last job, David is blown away by all the things the new company does for their employees. I'm really thankful he has the opportunity to work for a company that can afford and chooses to show appreciation for their employees. And the cheap health insurance is nice too :) The unlimited over time is nice too :) He's been impressing them with his work too. They've been impressed with his welding and he's been putting machines to use that they haven't been using. He's also been using the machines for jobs that apparently would have been done a much harder, longer way. For some reason, they haven't been using their machines to their potential. David hasn't been able to use them completely to their full potential because of some programming issues but he's been using them and surprising them with what they can do on them!

That's all I know for now.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

I love the updates. I miss seeing you at bunko. It is so good to know things are working out well for you guys though! Avery is as cute as ever! Take care friend! ;)