Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Seriously?!?!

So last night we were all excited. You see, this group of guys were coming over to sign our lease! Yay! They show up, after I spoke to them numerous times over the last few days, and tell us that they have the deposit but couldn't pay the rent until May. What? You mean, you couldn't have told me that yesterday? Or the day before? Or today when you called to see if we were home to come sign the lease? They acted like they were going to sign the lease until David asked them about the money. Were they just going to sign it and surprise us later?

Thankfully there's a family who has been interested in the house. We wanted to rent to them as soon as we met but we had already made plans with the boy's and we felt bad to just drop them for the other family. I called the other family's references and they were highly recommended as renters. That made me happy. I called them and told them that the house was their's if they still wanted it. They said they do so they're supposed to be coming over tonight to look at the lease and hopefully sign it. I hope they do. The last house they rented, they rented for seven years!

I'm so tired of feeling like we're in limbo. We're in between places and I'm ready to have a home with my things around me. If these people sign the lease, my last day at work will probably be April 3rd. That's 2 weeks from today and then we'll be on our way to Idaho. I hope it works out that we don't have to stay any longer.

And now I have a dog at my house. I tried to take pictures of her but I can't seem to keep batteries in my camera that aren't dead. I think my camera sucks the juice out of them after one photo or something. David brought her home which really surprised me because he's not usually one to do something like that. Her name is Roxy and we've called the number on her tag 4 times and they haven't returned any phone calls. How long do I keep her before I find her a new home? I'd hate to give her to someone and the owner finally decide to call us back wanting her. She is so sweet, I wish we could keep her!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh my thats so frustrating, i'm glad David had the intuition on those boys that could have been bad! Carson will be so excited your coming around his birthday! He woke up the other morning and said mom I had the best dream, and I said what was it, and he said that David and Hannah moved in :) Everytime someone knocks at our door he says that must be Dave and Austin and I just laugh.