Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Boredom

I know that many people wait on the edge of their seats for another post from me. Well, thank your lucky stars that I get bored easily. Today I felt like writing a post but as usual, there's nothing much to write about in this crazy life of mine. I have come to the conclusion that I should really post more pictures. Who wants to read so much? Ok, I will read but I'm only thinking of others.

I do not have at my disposal many pictures right now as I am in an undisclosed location. But I have a picture of my great, great grandfather that I am going to share today. I am very proud to be the great, great granddaughter of this man. His name is Captain Jim. He is a full blood Pawnee Indian. He was a Pawnee Indian Scout during the Indian Wars from 1864-1877. The few United States soldiers on our frontier were not experienced in fighting Indians. A call was made for Pawnee scouts. They guarded the workmen at the Union Pacific Railroad. For two years the Pawnee scouts continued to guard and patrol the Union Pacific Railroad, making it possible to run regular trains to the Pacific Ocean. In January, 1871, the scouts were mustered out of service while Major North remained as scout and guide.

His name under Major Frank North was Koot-tah-wi-kootz-tah-kah (White Hawk). He served several times, was a medicine man and chief of Peta-hau-rata band. He is on the bottom row on the very left.




My great great grandpa was an honorable man. I wish I could have known him but he died in like 1916. Man, that was a long time ago!

No comments: