Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 13, 2012

RIP Uncle Gareth

Today was a bittersweet day, I guess. I spent Friday night in the hospital with my family because my Uncle Gareth was extremely sick. We knew it was not looking good and I got the call at 4:45 this morning that it was looking even worse and that there were 2 options of what was going to happen and neither was good. Later that morning, they unhooked him from all machines and during a family prayer he slipped away. Death is always sad (especially when you don't know where that person is spending eternity) but I'm glad he's not suffering anymore.

This makes two deaths in one month's time. Ugh.

It was a lovely rainy day though. We had friends come over this evening. It was a good time. I'm not going to say we're getting "old" BUT I realized tonight that we've reached a different stage in our lives. Not that I was in denial or anything but we were laughing about the fact that here we are on a Saturday night hanging out (with our kids) and after we eat dinner, what do we do? We play scrabble and drink coffe. When did this happen? Oh well, we had a good time :)

 
David with Caleb, Avery, Elijah, Sarah and Elizabeth

No comments: