Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2012

2 Years Old

It seems that most people find the first birthday to be the exciting one. A lot of families go all out for the first birthday party. I'm finding that two is much harder for me to come to terms with.

My baby's not a baby anymore.

When she turned one, she was still so small. So baby-like. Now she's turning into a little girl.

Lately she's been a little nuts. Last night making dinner was insane. She kept dragging the dining table chair into the kitchen and getting into the cabinets. Grabbing Slap Ya Mama (which was open) while I had raw chicken all over my hands. She scattered my bread crumbs, ate my shredded cheese, snuck suckers, grabbed a lighter and kept swiping her alphabet magnets onto the floor and I can't remember what else.

She runs every time I want to change her diaper or her clothes. She shakes her finger at me. She squawks at me.

She's ornery but she's so so very sweet.

She gives hugs and kisses...sometimes unsolicited :)

I love her random, tender moments where she pats your arm or back. When she pats the seat next to her so you'll sit by her.

Sometimes she's say "Mom, lsdjflsfjlsdjf?" Hahaha I can't usually understand the second part of the question. She'll say it so serious though, like she's really thinking about something.

She can recognize some letters and some colors.

She loves cheese, pickles, fruit snacks and tea. She loves Peppa Pig and Elmo the most. She loves to sing and dance.

She sleeps through the night now :)

She's a people person. She's never met a stranger. When we go to Toddler Time at the library and all the other kids are sitting in a circle on their mom's laps; Avery is standing in the middle of the circle dancing and jumping around all by herself. She loves it.

She still sucks her thumb.

David and I feel so blessed that she is ours. She's so perfect for us.

No comments: