Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Moving

Being one who has never moved any farther than 20 miles away (and ultimately moving back), I never knew the wonderful joys of preparing for a move. In an attempt to start packing at a more reasonable time, rather than oh, let's say, the week of the move; I have done nothing but create a bigger mess. I am forever needing more tubs. How have we accumulated so much stuff? It's only been 3 years since we've been married!! Packing though has made me even more excited that it's actually happening. Our friend JR apparently didn't believe that we are seriously moving. As we're packing up one of our rooms, he called and couldn't believe we were packing and said "So, you're really moving?" I guess it made it official...we. really. are. moving. I can't wait to see snow!! I'm in love with the idea. I know it'll get old but it never snows here, so I'm going to live in bliss in a winter wonderland as long as I can.

You know, I worry about leaving my home. I worry about leaving my Dad. I worry about leaving my friends. I relish in the fact that we will be coming back. But what if we don't? Sometimes I wonder if in 50 years, my grandchildren will ask why we came to Idaho and why we never came back to Oklahoma. And my answer would be "I don't know, we just never left." For some reason, I can kind of see that scenario happening in my head. Who knows, maybe some day I'll live on the east coast...where I've always wanted to live. Or, maybe I'll come back home.

No comments: