Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 16, 2013

David Michael Irving

Born November 2, 2013 at 6:06 pm. Weighing 8 lbs 4 oz and 21.5 inches long.


Baby David was born 7.5 hours after my first contractions. I had gotten in the tub at home but knew fairly quickly that things were happening pretty fast. I told David that I thought we should go ahead and go to the hospital. He asked me if I was sure and I said yes. We finally got in the car to go and got to the hospital and checked in at 3:50.

They got me to labor and delivery and rushed to get my IV's in since I tested positive for Group B Strep. They checked me and I was 7 going on 8 centimeters dilated. They called the doctor.

What I love is that Dr. Lewis wasn't on call that weekend and she still came in to deliver our baby. She was very hands off. I loved it.

My water broke while pushing (Nikki was such a life saver during this labor. I highly recommend a doula!). As soon as I saw the color of it I knew there was meconium in it. They immediately called some team in and about 3 or 4 nurses came in and stood off to the side to help with that issue. Then I started bleeding more than I should so they had to work to get that stopped. That was HORRIBLE.

He's a lovely baby. He eats well. He rarely cries. We are very blessed. Avery adores him. It's precious.





No comments: